ÀÛ¼ºÀÏ : 17-02-15 11:40
[K-Usher1] Mid-term
 ±Û¾´ÀÌ : ·ùÇüÁø (1.¢½.255.35)
Á¶È¸ : 2,432   Ãßõ : 0  
Let's go.

±ÛÀÚ¼ö: 6.5ÀÚ

¼ÛÇÏ´Ã 17-02-15 11:40
 183.¢½.53.158  
First of all, Internet is the best way to learn about other country. In fact, internet provides people with tremendous amount of information compared to newspapers and magazines which provide narrow information about the country. When I was in high school, I had to do homework requiring the research about foreign country. So I read newspaper and magazines. However, I could not get the information that I wanted. So, I was searching the information in internet which is a source of gathered information. This really helped me to find exactly what I wanted. Moreover, I could learn about the other country broader. As my personal experience shows that internet is the best way to learn about a foreign country.

Second, in internet, there are diverse aids that lead people to have thorough understandings about foreign country. There are not only videos but also pictures and music that help people to learn about other things in internet. Scientific researches show that people can have better understandings when they learn about topic in many ways than in only one way. Newspapers and magazines are the aids that only can be read. However, exact picture of attraction in country and conventional music of the country would help people who want to learn about the country to have understandings more lively. When I searched the major information of Germany before I went to trip, I could not understand the words that description of the reading materials. So, I could not get the idea about how romantic road was beautiful. However, when I searched images of romantic road, they enabled me to have great understandings. It was very helpful to make travel plans. This clearly shows that the diverse aids in internet are more helpful to learn about the foreign country than newspapers and magazines.

¼ÛÇÏ´Ã 17-02-16 19:42
 183.¢½.53.158  
In the given materials, the reading passage and the lecture deal with underwater noises called quackers. The quackers are the strange sounds that occasionally hear but, no one clearly shows the reason why the sounds generated. The reading is providing three pieces of evidences to prove its points, whereas the lecture argues against it by providing the compelling rebuttals.

First, professor in the lecture points out that even though it is true that there is orca whales population in the general area where the submarine patrol, they are live near the surface of the water. So, submarine is not able to hear the sounds from near the surface where orca whales live in. If they appear nearby the submarine, the Russian sonar would detect the sounds. It challenges the point made in reading that strange noises are made by orca whales which call of male or female.

Next, the lecturer also argues that there is the interval that sounds are heard when it is from 1960 to 1980. The sounds appear in 1960, but they disappear in 1980. It is contradicted with the fact that giant squid exist all the time. If the reason of the sounds is giant squid, the constant sounds would be heard all the time until now. This opposes the reading passage that the sounds are emitted by the giant squid which lives deep in the sea and does not have skeleton.

Finally, the professor argues that the sounds detected by sonar quickly change the direction. If the origin of the sounds is the secret submarine of other country, the changes that sonar shows are not realistic since there must be the limitation of technology. Also, that sounds are totally different from the sounds that the engine of other submarine or vessels make. This refutes the reading passage which states that foreign submarine is emitted the sounds unintentionally.

ÅëÇÕÇüÀÌ µ¶¸³Çüº¸´Ù ½±´Ù°í °è¼Ó ¸»Çϼ̴µ¥ Àú´Â ÅëÇÕÇüÀÌ ÈξÀ ¾î·Æ³×¿ä¤Ð
¹Ú»õ·Á 17-02-15 11:40
 125.¢½.24.240  
School funding should be used for art.

First, art can relieve stress. Students are under a lot of pressure during their academic period. Enjoying art can release them from this pressure and eventually, help them focus on their studies. For example, when I was in high school I was struggling from academic stress. Then in the sophomore year, I joined an English Theatre Club which was funded by the school. In the last weekend of every month, we would gather to go see a play or a musical. After joining the club, I was a lot less tense in class and as a result, my grades went up. I believe art can help you relax.

Second, art has positive effect on the minority population in school. One of the school's responsibilities is to provide equal chance of education and choices to the minorities. Official figures in the UK show that the economically unstable students who attended art classes in school had better chance of success than those who didn't. It was reported by the researchers that art provides a gateway for students to think beyond their physical capacity or their current social backgrounds. In other words, art is a crucial tool for the minorities to achieve social mobility and usually, due to their economic restraint, school is the only place where they can receive such activity.

In the given set of material, the reading passage and the lecture deal with the cause of the underwater noise, the quackers. The reading passage presents three theories regarding this topic whereas the lecture argues against each with compelling reasons.

The lecturer claims that even though the Ocar population did exist near the Russian submarines, the distance between the submarine and Orca whale would have been too great, since Ocar whales mostly live near the surface of the water. If the whales were nearby, Russian submarines would have detected them with  sonar. This refutes the point made in the reading passage that the sound was caused by Ocar whales when attracting males. 
The lecturer points out that there is no reason for the sound to have stopped if the quackers were caused by giant squids.  The giant squids continued to live near the area of the submarines, but the quackers disappeared in 1980s. This casts doubt on the point made in the reading passage that the quacker could be the sound emitted  by giant squids.
The lecturer argues that while the quacker moves fast and can quickly change directions, such actions are not possible for a submarine. Moreover, no engine sounds matched the quacker. It is not possible in today's technology to make engines that are as fast as and as quiet as the quackers. This opposes the idea from the reading passage that the quacker could be the noise of other foreign military submarines.
±èÇýÁø 17-02-15 11:40
 183.¢½.53.158  
TS1: Using the internet provides people with a lot of information.
ES1: In modern society, through the internet, people are able to access to the information much easily.
AE1: When I was working in hospital as a nurse, I should take care about Middle East patients. At that time, I did not have enough information about the culture of middle east country. Since I was pretty busy, I did not have enough time to find the magazine or to read newspapers. However, by using the internet, I was able to find the tremendous information about the Middle e East country such as culture, religion, diet. It was so easy that I could save time. By learning about the country, I was able to approach to them in a suitable way.
SS: This clearly show that using the internet enables people to learn a foreign country.

TS2: The internet enables people to understand a foreign country in various ways.
ES2: There are divers types of aid that helps people understand the country.
AE2: When I was in college, I took a class about the United States history. It was too difficult for me to understand the class. Although I tried to read the magazines to understand the class, it was hard and complicated story. However, I attempted to find the videos and pictures in the internet. The videos and the exact pictures helped me understand thoroughly about the topic. By watching videos and pictures, I was interested in the history of the United states. Compared to newspaper and magazines, I could learn the United States in much easier way through the internet.
SS2: It made such a huge influence that I believe the internet allows people to get information about the foreign country in various ways.
¹Ú½ÃÈÆ 17-02-15 11:41
 183.¢½.53.158  
First of all reading newspapers and magazines about foreign countries would enable us to broaden our knowledge about foreign cultures. By experiencing the latest news and images, it will give us the opportunity to comprehend well about cultures. When I was in high-school I had an assignment of studying foreign cultures and giving a speech about that country. When I chose the United States which I was most familiar with, I had trouble receiving updated news of that country. So, I decided to read the Heralds and recieve magazines as well. As a result I was able to understand fully of that culture in various ways such as food, politics, history, and so on. Moreover I was able to give a satisfying speech due to many information. Secondly, reading newspapers and magazines about foreign countries allow us to save time and energy. Nowadays, people of all ages are busy and under great pressure of their current work load. There are few people who are able to take time to visit other countries and learn about them in feet. When I was in college I planned a trip to Europe due to the curiosity of that eligent culture. However I had too much assignments and part time jobs even in my summer vacation. So, I decided to order newspapers and magazines related to Europe. As a result I was able to learn about their culture deeply with the latest news and photos. Moreover I was able to share that information in detail with my friends. This clearly shows reading newspapers and magazines is the best way to learn about a foreign country.
Àå¿ø¼® 17-02-15 11:41
 183.¢½.53.158  
To begin with, improving facilities such as libraries or computer allows student to save time. These days, some universities lack facilities such as libraries or computer, so universities students tend to undergo hard when they study at library. For example, when I was in college, I ususally studied atlibraries (library), however college's lacking facilities made me angry because antiquated computers was so slow that I spent much times when I researched information(s). After improving facilities, I could save my time when using computer. Therefore, universities should improve their facilities for saving student's time.

In addition, improving facilities such as libraries or computer enables student to access information(s) easily. Nowadays, universities students tend to study at library because they can access information(s) easily. For example, When I was in high school, I ususally studied at library. Most libraries had great amount of information, however our universities did not have great amount of information(s),so I complained about improving facilities. When I prepared assignment such as research paper, I had to find amount of information, but our universities had lacking facilities, so I had to go bookstore or used the other universities libraries. After improving facilities, I could access great amount of informations. Therefore, university should improve facilities than hiring famous professor.
ÀåÁö¼º 17-02-15 11:41
 183.¢½.53.158  
School should spend their fund to eccourage their student. The most important thing in school is student activity.

First, funding their budget for great facility like library allows students to study more for their academic record.Library is the most suitable place for student and read a books. When i was high school student, our school did not have funded much money on library. There were many old-fashion computer and broken chair and tables in there. Because of that, i did not spend much time on library. After winter vacation, school invest their money to enhance and fix library's things like computer and books and also it was cleaed up perfectly. So, i was motivated to study becasue my school enhanced their facility. Eventually, i got a great score in that academic courses.

Second, well-trained teacher affect more beneficial effect on their studnets. they can communicate and advise to encourage their student's academic record. Official figures clearly substantiate that well-trained teacher can alleviate student's burden. By communicating with their student, they can give some advises and notice what their problem is. Because of that, student relieve their stress. If the school did not spend their money on trainning their teacher, they cannot advance their school's fame.

ÀåÁö¼º 17-02-16 21:45
 183.¢½.53.158  
In the given get of materials, the reading passage and the lecture deal with the detection of ¡°quackers¡± made by unknown factors. The reading passage provides that three evidences of the sound, whereas the lecture argues against it by providing three compelling rebuttals.

First, the professor in the lecture casts doubt that although it is true that the Orca whales live in the area which is related to submarine¡¯s patrolling sites, the depth of ocean they generally stay is very different to each other. The Orca population generally live near the surface of water while submarine patrol deep in the ocean. Therefore, the sound made by the Orca whale for mating purpose should not be detected to submarine. It challenges the point made in the reading passage that Orca calls during courtship ritual were plausible to that sound made by that species.

Second, the lecturer points out that the crack or sound made by giant squid is absolutely not possible. The sound was detected almost two decades ago. The sound or crack made by Giant squid should be detected at 1980 because, as far as they known, Giant squid lived at that time. Even if it is true that giant squid make the sound, they can be detected by sonar. This is in opposition to the reading passage that detected sound was made by Giant squid.

Third, the lecturer debates that the secret submarine from other country made the sound is not possible. Technically, the submarine cannot change their direction rapidly and the engine sound also cannot be concealed from sonar detection. Even today, there is no such technology such as the rapid change of their direction and silence of engine. This challenges the reading passage which states that the military technology for submarine was existed and made the weird sound.
½ÅÀ¯ºó 17-02-15 11:41
 183.¢½.53.158  
32¹ø
Students can learn more by studying alone.
The role of the professor is just to indicate the direction of studying.
When I was in college, my major was math. I had two courses taught by the professors who prepared for their lecture well and who didn't respectively. At first, I blamed the professor only focusing on his own research because I had difficulty in studying by myself.
I searched for the Internet, referred to many of major books, and debated with my friends. This allowed me to understand my major deeply compared to the other professor's lectures.

For professors to do the research and make the great results can provide students with further benefits compared to merely educating students well.
If professors make the great results, the university can be funded more money from the nation and companies.
This enables students to get financial support easily.
Also, the admission rate of the university increases.
So students can study with high-level classmates.
Official figures in the United States clearly show that the number of professors focusing on the research tend to be more influential to the admission rate than that of professors concentrating on education.
The United States has many of the most famous universities.
±Ç¹Î¼º 17-02-15 11:41
 183.¢½.53.158  
TS: There are lack amount of aid to art activities in Korea's schools.
ES: Most high schools don't even have art teacher at their schools, and even with the schools that they have, they don't provide enough time and equipments to learn about amazing features of art to students.
AE: When I was in middle school, I really enjoyed my art class since I love drawing and creating. I always participated as hard as I could until I found out that 3rd graders don't acquire art class in their school schedule anymore. (I was month before to be a third grader so) I was literally shocked by the announcement and asked my student counselor about the notice. He simply replied, "There is no money to sustain the art room since the school is out of budget." After that period of my school life. I could not hold the brush again.
SS: As I stated before, schools in our country seriously need to gather their heads together and seek for ways to assist schools' art activities.

TS: Art activities provide many advantages to growing students.
ES: By drawing and painting, students can relieve their academic stress. There is an scientific research that by painting bright colors such as red, yellow and orange, those colors burst out humans' positive hormones and eventually relieve stress.
AE: I once have watched a TV program about a child who suffers ADHD and dilexia. He had difficulties through his learning because of the disabilities. The child was always angry and had bad attitude. However one art scientist visited his house and cured his terrible behavior. Surprisingly, He used art.

±Ç¹Î¼º 17-02-16 20:03
 183.¢½.53.158  
The reading lecture and the professor asserts controversial opinions over the cause of the ¡°quackers¡±.

First, the professor argues that even though the Orca population existed when Russian submarines were patrolling, the distance between submarine and Orca whale would have been too far since Orca whales mostly live near the surface of the water. If the whales were nearby, Russian submarines would have detected them with sonar.
This refutes the point made in the reading passage that the sound was caused by Orca whales when attracting males.

Secondly, the professor argues that the giant squids are not the cause of the sound. Quackers continued about two decades, eventually disappeared in 1980. Discrepancy fact is that giant squids still live today, hence, if it were the giant squids who emitted the noise, we should be able to hear those sounds constantly even these days.
This refutes the point made in the reading passage that the giant squids got curiosity over Russian submarines and they were intelligent enough to emit the sound.

Finally, the professor argues that the possibility of cause of the foreign submarines is false. It is explained that the source of sounds appear to move around and change direction nimbly. Moreover, Russians could not heard any other submarine¡¯s engine noises. Even modern technology cannot develop fast and tacit submarine like that.
This refutes the point made in the reading passage that the quackers came from the other country¡¯s submarines that were secretly patrolling the area.
±èÁö¿¬ 17-02-15 11:41
 183.¢½.53.158  
TS: First of all, internet allows people to learn better about a foreign country than other resources.
ES: Nowadays, people can access to great amount of information thorough internet. Internet provides pictures, music, and even videos when learning.
AE: When I was in high school, I had to search about lifestyle of England for an assignment for (of) a culture class. To find information about England, I went to a library for related books, newspapers, or magazines. There were many books about England but most of them were related to tourism. So I had no choice but to search information on lifestyle of England through internet. Internet provided me with a great amount of information on the subject I was looking for. I even found a video about how people in England commute from their work to home. Also, I was able to find information in a second through internet. So I could save time and learn efficiently.
SS: This example of mine clearly shows that internet is a good resource to learn about a foreign country.
TS: Next, traveling around the world enables people to learn foreign countries better.
ES: Official figures released in the Untied States shows that experiencing cultures directly helps people to understand better about foreign countries and their cultures. Also, people in United States, nowadays, tend to go abroad to experience diverse countries and cultures.
AE: When I was a college student, I wanted to learn more about another countries and cultures by real experiences. So I went on a trip to Europe. By traveling around Europe, I was able to broaden my perspective. I made new friends from different countries and cultures. Also, I enjoyed beautiful sceneries and cuisine that I had never tried. I was amazed by different cultural aspects of foreign countries that I had only seen through books or newspapers. I even took beautiful pictures and shared them online as well. It was a great opportunity to learn many cultural aspects of different countries.
SS: This clearly shows that people can learn about foreign countries while traveling around the world.

±èÁö¿¬ 17-02-16 19:45
 183.¢½.53.158  
In the given set of material, the reading passage and the lecture deal with strange sounds from undetected sources that Russian submarines heard. The reading passage points out that there are actual sources of noise whereas the lecture argues against by providing three compelling reasons.
First of all, the lecture points out that since submarines remain in deep water, they cannot sonar Ocra which mostly lives on the surface of water. Since Ocra lives near ocean surface, it would have been easily detected that Ocra was the cause of the noise. This challenges the reading passage that the sound of Ocra¡¯s mating is similar to the sound that submarines detected.
Next, the lecturer argues that it is absurd to hear the noise just in certain period of time. Since giant squids have lived in the area, there is no reason of sudden appearance and disappearance of the sound. So it is difficult to say that giant squids were hard to be detected as the source of the noise because of its soft body without skeleton and intelligence.
Finally, the lecture asserts that submarines could not move quickly or change directions as fast as the noise moved. There is not enough technology to build a submarine which moves that fast and an engine which works silently even today. This oppose to the point made in the reading passage that the sound was sonar from foreign submarines that was patrolling around with no registration.
ÃÖ¹®±Ô 17-02-15 11:41
 183.¢½.53.158  
TS: Funding sports team allows students to relieve stress.
ES: Nowadays, students are under great pressure because of heavy loads of study.
AE: When I was a high school student, I participated in a basketball team. By participating in a basketball team, I could feel excited and energetic. I stopped thinking about worries when playing basketball. This also made me to focus on my study as well. It provides me with chances of not only relieving stress, but also getting a higher grade than before.
SS: According to my personal experiences, funding sports team will be very helpful to students.

TS: Funding sports team provides students with chances to make new friends.
ES: By meeting new friends, students can broaden their perspective.
AE: Many people tend to become close friends after they play sports together. They can communicate and share ideas while playing sports. Moreover, since they share their hobby, the relationship between them can be last for a long time. Having long relationship with friends would be very helpful to students to broaden their perspective.
SS: Therefore, by funding sports teaa (m), school can provide students with chances to broaden their perspective.

ÃÖ¹®±Ô 17-02-16 19:52
 183.¢½.53.158  
Body 1
The professor argues that even though the Ocra population existed when Russian submarines were patrolling, the distance between submarine and Orca whale would have been too far since Orca whales mostly live near the surface of the water. If the whales were nearby, Russian submarines would have detected them with sonar. This refutes the point made in the reading passage that the sound was caused by Orca whales, when attracting males.
Body 2
The professor points out that the sound was reported during certain periods, while giant squids are always there. He mentioned that the sound was detected for two decades from 1960s to 1980s. Therefore, there is a time gap between the time that the sound was reported and the giant squid have lived there. So, it is difficult to say that the sound was caused by giant squids.
Body 3
The professor claims that people did not have advanced technology that allows people to make submarine which is so fast and quiet that cannot be detected by Russians. He also mentioned that submarine cannot change its direction very quickly unlike detected sounds. This opposes to the idea from the reading passage that suggests the Russian submarines were picking up stray sounds from some military technology, like another country¡¯s submarines that were secretly patrolling the area.
Á¤Àç¹® 17-02-15 11:41
 183.¢½.53.158  
TS; To begin with, hiring famous professors provides students with a standardized feedback. ES; Feedback is considered to be very important tool for education. Eventhough students have great facilities where they can concentrate on study, it will be useless because without a feedback, they don't know what to focus on or what problem they have. I strongly believe that famous professors would take a great part with it. AE; When I was freshman, I believed that to improve my academic capabilities, the time in which I work on it by myself is crucial to analyze and organize my understanding. So I thought one of requirement the universities should have is facilities where we can study by ourselves. Soon after, however, without feedback, I realized my abilities seem to be stuck. To get feedback, I asked .my professor to get advise. Professor knowing my problem exactly advised what problems I have and find out to solve the problem together. And my grade naturally got improved. SS; With the reason I explained above, I think hiring famous is more important due to feedback they can give.
À̽ſø 17-02-15 11:41
 183.¢½.53.158  
TS: Educating students enables university professors to improve their teaching skills.
ES: Compared to doing the research on their specialty alone, teachers can communicate and share ideas with students during the class. This can lead professors to elevate their teaching skills.
AE: For example, my father has been a professor since I was an elementary school student. He always worried about his plan because he had to not only educate students but also do his own research. However, desire to teach his students made him to participate in class. By communicating and sharing ideas with his students during the class, he was able to broaden his perspective and could get some feedback from them. This encouraged him to elevate his teaching style in the end.
SS: Therefore, the example clearly illustrates that teaching students allows professors to improve their teaching ability.

TS: Teaching students can help professors do the research.
ES: Working on the research requires professors to refer as much information as they could. By educating students, professors will be able to obtain some sources for doing the research.
AE: For example, when I was in college, my economics professor was doing his research while he had to do the research as well. I asked him why he did both of them. He answered that by teaching students, he could obtain conducive resource from the class. As a matter of fact, he showed me which sources he included in his research. He also told me that it is important for professors to append some resources from the class.
SS: Therefore, the instance obviously illustrates that educating students helps professors do the research.
À̵¿±Ô 17-02-15 11:42
 183.¢½.53.158  
First of all, the reason behind my opinion lies in the fact that if the professors do the research, students could get a great amount of benefit from it. On one hand, since, the research provides more recent, advanced information which could be taught to students. On the other hand, university which emphasis on education couldn't impart further information compared to the university which emphasis on research. Furthermore, these advanced knowledge could magnify the students' curiosity. Therefore, it will catalyze students to study hard. To justify what I have mentioned, I will use a recent research from an article from a newspaper made by France. The result of the research indicates the fact that students from university which emphasizes doing the research are more enthusiastic with their field of study compared to other students.

Moreover, the reason behind my opinion lies in the fact that not only doing research is beneficial for their students, but also it is helpful for their university. In other words, since, there are a number of subsidies if university does the research, they can use the subsidy to improve their university facilities or service. Moreover, successful research often makes universities reputation higher. To justify what I have mentioned I will use a personal experience from my daily life. Several years ago, one professor of the Seoul National University succeeds the research about Quantom display which is a great improvement in display field. When they start the research they received lots of investment from various places. Therefore, they utilized it to improve their cafeteria. After the success of the research, the reputation of the Seoul National University became more higher and more students came to university.

À̵¿±Ô 17-02-16 20:07
 183.¢½.53.158  
Both the reading passage and the lecturer discuss about three theories about the source of the strange sound referred as ¡®Quackers¡¯ which was detected by Russian submarine. The reading passage says that three theories are plausible. However, the lecturer totally disagrees with these theories for a number of reasons.

Concerned about Orca whale, the lecturer insists that while it is true that the submarine was patrolling the ocean, the distance between Orca and submarine is too far to be detected because the Orca usually lives near the surface. Moreover, if the Orca was in the proximity to submarine, it could detect the Orca. This refutes the opinion of the reading passage that the sound which is used to attract the female Orca could be the source of the quackers.

Concerned about giant squid, the lecturer mentions that the quackers were first reported at 1960s. On the other hands, after two decades, in 1980s the quackers were suddenly disappeared. Considering that the giant squid was always live in the ocean, there is no reason which makes giant squid to stop the quackers for a decade. This objects the assertion of the reading passage that the source of the sound could be made by giant squid.

Concerned about other countries¡¯ submarines, lecturer asserts that the quackers rapidly changed its moving direction which the submarine couldn¡¯t do. Moreover, the Russian submarine couldn¡¯t find any sound of engine which should exist if the submarine made the quackers. In other words, using the contemporary technology, people couldn¡¯t produce the submarine with that fast speed and that silent engine. This refutes the reading passage¡¯s opinion that submarines from other countries could be the reason for the strange sound.
³ªÀ±¼± 17-02-15 11:42
 183.¢½.53.158  
TS : The best way to learn about a foreign country is go there in person. ES : Magazines and Newspapers are not helpful to learn about a foreign country. AE : When I was in college, I went to Paris in summer to enjoy my vacation. Paris is the country that I always wanted to go, because there are lots of beautiful architectures and delicious foods. When I saw about an article about Paris, I decided to go there. The article from magazine made me to go Paris directly. It motivated me but there was a limitation to learn about their culture or people in Paris. By living there for a month, I could learn their language and culture. Also, communicating with people in Paris, I could learn how different people between Seoul and Paris. This kind of experience will not happend if I just stayed in my country. I agree with that

³ªÀ±¼± 17-02-16 21:29
 183.¢½.53.158  
In the given set of material, the reading passage and the lecture deal with the odd sounds called quackers that was occasionally heard from the North Atlantic and Arctic Ocean in the 1960s to 1980s. The reading passages emphasizes several theories about what might have caused the odd sounds, whereas the lecture argues against the reading passage by providing three compelling reasons.
 The professor argues that even though the Orca population existed when Russian submarines were patrolling, the distance between submarine and Orca whale would have been too far since Orca whales mostly live near the surface of the water. If the whales were nearby, Russian submarines would have detected them with sonar. This refutes the point made in the reading passage that the sound was caused by Orca whales when attracting males.
 Secondly, the professor agree that giant squids can be a better candidate which makes the odd sounds, but the sounds started in the 1960s and continued to the 1980s. Giant squids are always live in submarine therefore, there is no reason to suddenly hear the sounds and suddenly stop hearing two decades later. This challenge the point made in the reading passage that giant squids are a cause of the odd sounds.
 Lastly, the lecture claims that submarine can¡¯t change direction quickly. If no registered foreign submarines made the sounds, it has to showed up at least. However, there was no appearances or even traces of submarines and also its engine noise was not sounds like quakers. This casts opposed to the idea from the reading passage that another country¡¯s submarines emitted the odd sounds.
±è¿ìÇö 17-02-15 11:42
 183.¢½.53.158  
Improving facilities such as libraries or computer labs provides students with a great amount of information. Compared to famous professors, Students are able to obtain much more information. By using such as books and internet, students can access to useful information. When I was a university student, I had a assignment to research on a country. In search of information, I could not find out useful results. At that time, one famous professor was hired to develop education. But the professor was not enough time to honor all questions. In other wards, I could ask questions, but he was able to suggest a few answers only. For this reason, I used libraries and computer lab to search the information. By using this facilities, I was able to look up many information and compare between two books. My experience clearly shows that improved facility is more useful for university to educate students. Improving facilities allows students to save time. Students are under great pressure because of heavy load of work. When my sister was professor, many students always asked my sister to confirm answer. But the answers actually were in books. By replying to students, professor and students were not able to use time properly. At that time, my sister recommended students to go library. Library is a place which is gathered information.

±è¿ìÇö 17-02-17 01:23
 121.¢½.236.162  
In the given set of materials, the reading passage and the lecture deal with strange sounds called ¡°quackers¡± was heard from the North Atlantic and Arctic Ocean in the from 1960s to 1980s. The reading passage emphasizes several theories about what might have caused the odd sounds, whereas the lecture argues against the reading passage by providing three compelling reasons.
The professor points out that even though the orca population existed while Russian submarines were patrolling, the depth of water was so far that submarines couldn¡¯t hear the sound since orca whales mostly lived in nearby surface. If there were orca whales near the submarines, Russian submarines could have detected the orca whales by sonar. This challenges the point made in the reading passage that the strange noises were actually the calls of male and female ocra whales during a courtship ritual.
The professor claims that the sound had been detected from 1960s to 1980s for 20years, whereas there are submarine patrolling and giant squid until today. If the sound is produced by giant squid, submarine may detect the sound today. This casts doubt the point made in the reading passage that the sounds were caused by giant squid.
The professor asserts that the sounds changed direction rapidly. At that time, technically people was not able to make submarine maneuver quickly such as rotating. Moreover, people did not have skills to make submarine silent operation. However, Russian submarines could not detect foreign submarine¡¯s sounds. This refutes the point made in the reading passage that the strange froglike sounds may have been emitted by the foreign submarines unintentionally.
±è¿¹³ª 17-02-15 11:42
 183.¢½.53.158  
TS: First of all, improving facilities such as libraries or computer labs allows students to relieve stress.
ES: Stress is known to be a major factor of making people frustrated and exhausted. Nowadays, students are under great pressure because of the great amount of assignments and research papers they need to complete. However, when the facility is very neat and comfortable, students are able to reduce burden and make a better result. Also, compared to hiring famous professors, improving facilities would allow students to feel more refreshed.
AE: When it was my first year, my school decided to hire many famous professors instead of improving the facilities. However, students got a lot of stress beause of the difficult assignments. In addition, the library and computer lab was too old-fashioned which made it even more hard difficult for me and others to complete our tasks. Due to the complains of a number of students, the school decided to make the quality of facilities higher. After remodeling the facilities, I was able to feel more comfortable when finishing my work. This allowed me to focus more on my work and feel more refreshed.
SS: My experience clearly shows that improving facilities of universities make students reduce pressure.

TS: Moreover, improving the facilities of a university benefits the school itself.
ES: When students attend for university, they tend to see the quality of the facility. If a university has a nice facility made for students, this would allow the university's admission rate increase and advertise the school. Official figures clearly show that universities with great facilities have a high reputation and is very popular among students.
AE: For example, most of the universities in the United States are well-known for their well-made facilities for students. The United States retains many schools that are famous and high qualified. Since, the universities in this country have great facilities, they always get a great amount of students wanting to attend to these places.
SS: This example clearly shows that good facility benefits the university.

±è¿¹³ª 17-02-17 01:31
 175.¢½.48.166  
In the given set of materials, the reading passage and listening both discuss with the theories about what might have caused the odd sounds at sea, when the Russian submarine was patrolling. The reading gives three theories whereas the lecture provides three compelling reasons.

First of all, the lecturer argues that even thought the Orca population existed when Russian submarines were patrolling, the distance between the submarine and Orca whale would have been too far. This is because Orca whales live near the surface of the water. If the whales were nearby, it would have been detected by the sonar. This is against the point made in the reading passage that the odd sounds were caused by Orca whales when attracting males.

Moreover, the professor argues that the squids have always lived in the sea. This makes it difficult to say that the odd sounds were made by the giant squids. There is no reason for the sounds to suddenly disappear if it was made by the giant squids. This refutes the point made in the reading that the odd sounds were emitted by the giant squids.

Finally, the lecturer opposes that the sound¡¯s change of direction is too fast to be a foreign submarine. There are no techniques that can make a submarine move that fast even today. Also, there is no such engine that can make a sound like Quakers. This is against the point in the reading that the sound was made unintentionally from another country¡¯s submarine.
¼Û¼ö¿¬ 17-02-15 11:42
 183.¢½.53.158  
Reading newspapers and magazines allows people to learn about various fields of foreign countries. In modern society, newspapers contain various fields of news such as economy, culture, and social.
When I took a class about Japan, I had to write a paper about general information of Japan. At a first time, I tried to searching the internet with specific keyword. It was effective way to learn about the topic. However I was not able to learn about general information I did not notice. I changed a searching method from searching through the internet to reading newspapers. I found various fields I did not catch before reading newspaper. My final papers, finally, includes many sorts of topics and got a "A" grade. My personal experience clearly shows that reading newspapers is the best way to learn about various fields of foreign country.

Reading newspapers enables people to access to qualified information and views. Many researches in Communication area reveal that, compared to the internet, newspapers and magazines provide more well-qualified information because of existence of editors. Back to my former experience to prepare final paper, by only depending on the internet I had some fallacies and biased views. After reading newspapers *details* I was able to access to correct information and fix my one-sided perspectives as well. With my personal experience reading newspapers allows people to access to qualified information and views.

¼Û¼ö¿¬ 17-02-16 21:18
 183.¢½.53.158  
In the given set of materials, the reading passage and the lecture deal with the sources of the sound Russian submarines heard. The reading passage provides three theories about what might have caused the sounds, whereas the lecture argues against the reading passage with three compelling rebuttals.

First, the professor points out that even though Ocra population live in the area Russian submarines patrolling, they generally live in surface of the ocean. People in submarines was not able to hear the whales¡¯ sound in deep water. Also, If the whales were near submarines, they could be detected by Russian¡¯s sonar. This challenges the point made in the reading passage that the sounds cased by ora whales.

Second, the lecturer states that the sounds were stopped suddenly. The sounds continued for twenty years since the sounds were started at 1960s. The sound stopped suddenly 1980s and there are no reason to explain this disappearance. (squid°¡ ¿øÀÎÀ̶ó¸é sudden disappearance¸¦ ¼³¸íÇؾ߸¸ ÇÑ´Ù´Â ¾ê±æ ³Ö¾îÁÖ´Â °Ô ÁÁÀ»±î¿ä@.@ ). This is in opposition to the reading passage¡¯s claim that giant squids might cause the sounds.

Finally, the professor argues that a submarine cannot change its direction very quickly. Also they were not able to make such quiet engine. This refutes the reading passage¡¯s claim that some military technology makes the sounds.

¼Û¼ö¿¬ 17-02-22 14:02
 183.¢½.53.158  
[º¸¿Ï]

Q. The best way to learn about a foreign country is to read newspapers and magazines.

Reading newspapers and magazines allows people to broaden their perspectives. Compared to textbook, newspapers and magazines contain various fields such as society, culture, and sports. [When I took a course about understandings of Japan, term paper thesis was an overview on Japanese history.] At first, I read textbook and tried to organize contents. Though some cultural approaches were selected, I felt it was not enough. Additionally, I read newspapers and magazines. They included various articles about Japanese history in terms of economy, royal, and even sports. Based on newspaper and magazines major approaches were included my paper, finalizing term paper and getting "A" grade in the course. As my personal experience shows, reading newspapers and magazines make people to know various fields about foreign country.

Moreover, reading newspaper and magazines enables people to access to qualified information.
[In modern society, unfortunately, there are many unverified information due to the spread of the Internet.]
With spreading of the internet, unverified data have increased. (X) Compared to the internet, newspapers and magazines provide reliable information. (³Ñ³ª ÁÁÀ½! ¿À¿¹) When I planned to travel Germany, I summarized a list of restaurants to visit by searching the internet. In first few days in Germany, I was embarrassed because some restaurants in my list were terrible and even were closed their business. I searched new restaurants in Michelin guide magazines, one of the best magazines in field of food. They recommended several starred restaurant in the magazines. All restaurants they recommended were great. I enjoyed my travel and learn more about German cuisine. My personal example shows that by reading newspapers and magazines, people can access qualified information and learn about foreign country.
Á¶Àåȯ 17-02-15 11:43
 183.¢½.53.158  
TS: Using school funding for sports teams allows students to relieve stress.
ES: Nowadays, most of the students are under the pressure in studying and considering their career path. Scientists suggest that physical activities be necessary for people who undergo hardship to lesson their stress.
AE: When I was a college student, there were some students who underwent extreme burdens about studying. And sometimes they had dropped their school. This is a quite serious issue to professor and administration department. They presented to make a soccer team. Making a soccer team was an effective option for students to take a break. Many students engaged in playing sports, as well as some students who didn't participate in game also enjoyed sports activity by

Total 487
¹øÈ£ Á¦   ¸ñ ±Û¾´ÀÌ ³¯Â¥ Á¶È¸ Ãßõ
487 [K-Usher1] ¸¶Áö¸· ÅëÇÕÇü (21) ·ùÇüÁø 17-02-28 3675 0
486 [K-Usher1] Government (14) ·ùÇüÁø 17-02-27 2808 0
485 [K-Usher1] TS_ES Training part.3 (13) ·ùÇüÁø 17-02-24 2431 1
484 [K-Usher1] Before_Exam (14) ·ùÇüÁø 17-02-24 2515 0
483 [K-Usher1] Sea Cow_Review ·ùÇüÁø 17-02-23 2349 0
482 [K-Usher1] TS_ES_Training part.2 (36) ·ùÇüÁø 17-02-23 2395 0
481 [K-Usher1] TS_ES Training (13) ·ùÇüÁø 17-02-22 2384 0
480 [K-Usher1] Tech_Creativity (13) ·ùÇüÁø 17-02-20 2475 0
479 [K-Usher1] Assignment (4) ·ùÇüÁø 17-02-17 2309 0
478 [K-Usher1] Russia ·ùÇüÁø 17-02-16 2620 1
477 [K-Usher1] Mid-term (29) ·ùÇüÁø 17-02-15 2433 0
476 [K-Usher1] Venus ·ùÇüÁø 17-02-14 2221 0
475 [K-Usher1] Friends (17) ·ùÇüÁø 17-02-13 2264 0
474 [K-Usher1] ´ÙÀ½ Áß ¹®ÀåÀ» °¡Àå °­ÇÏ°Ô ¸¸µé¾î ÁÙ ¼ö ÀÖ´Â ¹æ¹ýÀº? (12) ·ùÇüÁø 17-02-10 2609 0
473 [K-Usher1] Coal ·ùÇüÁø 17-02-09 2279 0
 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10    
select * from g4_write_wr_brain where wr_is_comment = 0 order by wr_num, wr_reply limit 0, 15

• ¿ÏÀüÃʺ¸1¹Ý
  • ¿ÏÀüÃʺ¸2¹Ý
  • intermediate¹Ý
  • K-USHER1¹Ý
  • K-USHER2¹Ý
  • ½ÇÀü¹Ý